FIBA America is divided into three Sub-zones, these are;
- The North area Sub-zone, that is integrated by Canada and the United States.
- The Central America and the Caribbean area (CONCENCABA) Sub-zone, which is divided into two Sub Sub-zones:
- Caribbean Basketball Confederation (CBC) - Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominique, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, St. Kitts, & Nevis, St. Marteen, St. Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos, Virgin Islands.
- Central America (COCABA) - Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua And Panama.
- The South American (CONSUBASQUET) Sub-zone is constituted by 9 countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Equator, Paraguay, Uruguay And Venezuela.