Americas Basketball Academy
The Americas Basketball Academy is a philosophical and practical concept that is established responding to the basic need for education and learning for Coaches, Referees and Table Officials. This vanguard movement arises through a study that demonstrated a series of deficiencies in the development of the players on the part of the Coaches of all levels.
The absence of basic training of the Coaches has been demonstrated when the only demand that they have is for the players to win without going through the learning process. The lack of values, responsibility, commitment, respect, organization, discipline, planning have been the determining factors that do not contribute to the integral growth of the players.
The fundamental purpose of the Americas Basketball Academy is to achieve the unification of basketball education in the formative stage through all the Continental America Federations in order to improve the quality of education.
- To unify the education and training of the Coaches, Referees and Table Officials in all of the Federations.
- To establish the “Youth Coach Project” to achieve the certification that would accredit them to work with youths.
- To make the federative members aware of the importance of working with a work plan and in teams with the Coaches, Referees, Table Officials and Technical Commission Association.
- To establish and keep records of all the Coaches, Referees, and Table Officials and obtain their Certification through each Federation.
To enhance the image of the Coach by its values and principles and to reveal a better person in order to convert him into a better Coach.
The major objective of this project is to develop an educational process for the Coaches, Referees and Table Officials in order to train them with knowledge and necessary tools on the teaching of technique, theory and practice of the game in order to apply this in the development of young players.
This Certification program should comply with the requirements established by FIBA Americas and the Basketball Academy through its federations, who are the only governing body that grants the certification, in harmony with the requirements established by each Federation.
Objectives of the Project:
- To establish a plan or an educational program for the training of the Coaches.
- Obtain training for Coaches and certify them through an educational process so that they may carry over the correct education to other Coaches and consequently to the children.
- To develop a new generation of Coaches guided through an apprenticeship of values, moral principles and ethics together with the technical and tactical knowledge that basketball demands.
- To achieve the comprehension of the importance of planning, organization and methodology that every Coach should possess.
- That every Coach obtain his Certification so that he can work in the federative program.
Youth Coach Project
This is a “Work Plan” designed to teach and develop Coaches under the progressive process of training and enhancing the personality and the value of the Coach. The “Youth Coach Project” consists of three basic learning components.
- Practice divided into three progressive levels. (1)- (2)- (3)