Media representatives are the eyes and ears of basketball fans all over the world.
This page provides useful information and resources essential to the work of members of the media at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
Wheter you are a press or online journalist, a photographer or a broadcasters, we aim at supporting and facilitating your activities at the World Cup.
At the core of the services we provide to media during our events, the online accreditation system allows professionals around the world to request a media accreditation which will grant them access to the competitions and offer them complementary media services on-site.
Download the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Media_Guide
The accreditation application process for the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup is now CLOSED.
Please click here to apply for media accreditation
All media representatives, both local and international, wishing to attend the FIBA Basketball World Cup must have applied directly to FIBA by using the online accreditation form.
Applicants having submitted their application in the regular application period (10 February- 30 May) will be informed of the success of their request no later than Friday 13 June.
An additional period in the application process will open on Monday 14 July and close on Friday 8 August. Confirmations for this phase will be sent out by Friday 22 August. Please note that media choosing to apply during the second window may be more vulnerable to space limitations.
Please be aware that an accreditation does not guarantee an access to the media tribune. A supplementary access device (SAD) might be requested in case of high demand games.
We remind you that only professional members of the media will be considered for accreditation and that only applications completed and submitted online within the media accreditation application deadlines will be taken into consideration.
The final decision to grant accreditation rests with FIBA.
See WC2014_MediaAccreditation_TermsConditions_ENG.pdf for Media Accredited to the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain
All TV/Radio and websites broadcasters interested in acquiring TV rights should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more media related information please visit our Media Centre by clicking here.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Preferential rates will only be guaranteed until 16 June. After this date, rates may be changed.
Official Media Hotels will offer a shuttle transportation service to
and from the competition venues, as well a Welcome/Info Desk providing
all information about the event.
Official Media Hotels
All hotel rates include VAT.
Note: Before booking a media accommodation for the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, you must have applied for a media accreditation.
Please email your booking request for each city you will need accomodation in to the respective address below. Please include your arrival and departure dates, which hotel(s) you choose and any other additional requests.
We invite accredited media to already reserve accommodation for their entire stay (Preliminary and Final Round).
Media Accommodation Policy
Payment and cancellation
- All hotel reservations are subject to availability
- Extra charges (minibar, telephone, tourist tax, etc.) shall be paid directly to the hotel
- Agreed rates are valid for bookings made until 16 June 2014. After this date, rates may be changed
- All changes must be communicated to the travel agency immediately
- Name changes are permitted until 20 August 2014 and must be communicated to the travel agency
- Payment and cancellation policies are the same for all cities
- Payment methods accepted: credit card and bank transfer
- 50% of the total amount must be submitted upon confirmation of the reservation
- The remaining amount must be submitted in the following period: 22-30 June 2014
- All reservations can be cancelled or modified before 22 June 2014 included at no extra cost
- All reservations cancelled before 22 June 2014 will be completerel remobursed
- After 22 June 2014, cancellations will not be accepted and guests will be charged 100% of the total reservation amount
- Reservations not payed in full by 30 June 2014 will be cancelled and the 50% payment will not be reimbursed
For information regarding the obtention of a visa for Spain, please download the following document:
WC2014_Visa information Spain