Follow FIBA on Facebook
Fan Vote: Who is going to win it all?
VALENCIA (Spain) - There are just four nations still standing in the race to win it all at the FIBA Women's EuroBasket 2021 and this is your chance to decide who you think will take the coveted silverware on Sunday.
To help you decide in the fan vote below, here's how the Semi-Final matchups are taking shape and some reasons as to why you might want to choose each respective nation.
Belarus vs. France
- Belarus will be hoping it is fourth time lucky as they are seeking to make their first ever Final. having lost their previous three Semi-Finals in 2007, 2009 and 2015.
- It's a good omen for France that they have won each of their previous five meetings against Belarus in the competition, including their Semi-Finals clash in 2009 - the last time France won it all!
- By contrast, France will play their Semi-Final number 11 which is more than any other team in the modern era. They have only lost in the Semi-Finals once, exactly a decade ago.
- France are on a roll as they have won each of their last four games in the competition by a margin of 13 points or more and that is a record for them, since they have never won as many consecutive games by a double-digit margin in the competition.
- Having had a label as being conservative in their style, France have scored 80 or more points in three of their four games. France had never had more games with 80 or more points in a single edition of the tournament. They are leading the tournament in scoring, averaging 85.3 points per game and they also lead in field goal percentage and rebounding.
- Belarus meanwhile are the best defensive team in the competition and, incredibly, have not leaked more than 58 points in all four games so far.
- Anastasiya Verameyenka of Belarus will play her 50th game when she steps out for this Semi-Final. She will pass a landmark which has also been achieved by French duo Endene Miyem and Sandrine Gruda.
Serbia vs. Belgium
- Belgium are chasing history and a first ever Final in the competition. This is their second Semi-Final, with their only previous appearance coming in 2017 when they lost to Spain 68-52, but recovered to take the bronze medal - their first at the event.
- Serbia will play their fourth Semi-Final, all of them coming since 2013. They have only won one of them, but it led to a first ever FIBA Women's EuroBasket title in 2015.
- Serbia and Belgium have faced each other only once before and that was at the last edition when co-hosts Serbia won a thriller 70-66 in the group phase.
- Serbia have won each of their last five games, their longest win streak in the competition.
- Belgium will have to remain locked in and focused until the last second as Serbia are the only team to have won multiple games in this year's competition despite trailing at half-time.
- Serbia will have to step up their defense in the paint as Belgium are shooting a tournament-high 54.5 percent from two-point range. They also lead the tournament in assists, with almost 22 dimes per game.
- Both these teams sit in the top two spots for steals with Serbia averaging 12 per game and Belgium 10 per game.
- Emma Meesseman of Belgium is the leading scorer in the tournament with 23.8 points per game and her teammate Kim Mestdagh is leading the steals chart, with 3.8 per outing.