FIBA Foundation supports five new Basketball For Good projects
MIES (Switzerland) - Thanks to its partnership with Molten, end of 2021 the FIBA Foundation was able to support 5 projects with basketballs.
Our objective is to continuously enlarge the Basketball For Good family. We assist projects that coincide with our vision and mission of using Basketball to address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and to use basketball as a tool for positive change.
The selected projects responded to strict criteria, using basketball as a tool to help their local communities. Molten balls have been sent to the following NGO’s:
- Shooting Touch, Rwanda who are using basketball to break gender norms and provide healthcare and education opportunities
- London Basketball Association (LBA), United-Kingdom who are using basketball to help vulnerable young people engage in sports, education, and employment, as well as to improve social integration for at-risk and isolated communities
- Dimbali, Senegal who are using basketball to motivate their young participants to stay in school and continue their education.
- Instituto Superação, Brazil who are working with schools, providing access to healthy and positive sports activities, to promote a full development of their students through basketball.
- Mawuvi Basketball Fellowship, Ghana who are using basketball as a tool to promote good social and emotional well-being and fitness among Ghanaian kids through skills training with a focus on IT, art, craft, music, and dance
The different sized basketballs will be used to grow the impact of these projects and give a new momentum to their activities.
A detailed description of all five projects will be presented in the upcoming weeks.
The FIBA Foundation recently launched the 2022 Call For Project. People and organizations who wish to apply for support can do so until March 31st.
About Basketball For Good:
The FIBA Foundation is the social and legacy arm of FIBA that addresses the role of sports and particularly basketball in society, preserving and promoting basketball’s values and its cultural heritage.
The FIBA Foundation believes that basketball has the power to empower, educate and inspire youth and facilitates this by implementing Basketball For Good projects around the world.