EuroCup Women Play-Off Round 1 pairings set
MUNICH (EuroCup Women) – The EuroCup Women Regular Season concluded on Thursday night, with 24 teams set to continue their European journey in 2019.
The top two teams from each of the groups as well as the two best-ranked third-placed teams per Conference qualified for the Play-Offs. The teams were ranked according to the Official Basketball Rules, with the top eight teams directly advancing to the Round of 16.
These top eight teams are:
(2) Cukurova Basketbol
(3) Spar Citylift Girona
(4) Tarbes GB
(5) InvestInTheWest ENEA Gorzow
(6) KSC Szekszard
(7) Wisla CANPACK Krakow
(8) DVTK Miskolc
The remaining teams will contest Play-Off Round 1, in a home-and-away series, with the higher ranked team playing the return leg at home.
The pairings are as follows:
(9) Galatasaray v (24) Lointek Gernika Bizkaia
(10) Energa Torun v (23) Nantes Reze
(11) Artego Bydgoszcz v (22) Basketball Nymburk
(12) Lyon ASVEL Feminin v (21) Sparta&K M.R. Vidnoje
(13) WBC Enisey v (20) MBK Ruzomberok
(14) Botas Spor v (19) MBA Moscow
(15) Orman Genclik v (18) Besiktas JK
(16) Reyer Venezia v (17) Basket Landes
The first leg is scheduled for January 3, with the return leg set to take place one week later.
The eight winners will join the already qualified teams in the Round of 16, which will be played at the end of January, following the same home-and-away format.
FIBA (fiba.basketball) - the world governing body for basketball - is an independent association formed by 213 National Basketball Federations throughout the world. It is recognized as the sole competent authority in basketball by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).