Follow FIBA on Facebook
Media accreditation for first window of World Cup 2023 African Qualifiers now open
ABIDJAN (Cote d'Ivoire) - The media accreditation process for the first window of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 African Qualifiers to be held in Benguela, Angola, from November 26-28 is now underway.
The deadline to apply is Thursday 23 November 2021.
ON-SITE AND REMOTE CREDENTIALS
All media representatives, local and international, wishing to cover the event on-site or remotely, are invited to apply through the FIBA Media Portal.
No other form of application will be accepted.
Media representatives that are not planning to travel to one of the events, but wish to follow the event remotely and have the opportunity to ask questions to players and coaches virtually, are kindly asked to apply for a Remote Coverage Accreditation.
Media accreditation will grant access to the venue's Media Working Room, Media Catering Area and Media Tribune(s).
Please be aware that access to the Interview Area/Mixed Zone for post-game availability will be limited and done only through a reservation system.
Please, be advised that as the situation regarding COVID-19 pandemic restrictions remains dynamic, FIBA and the Organisers may request adjustments in protocol and testing based on the epidemiological situation in the host countries.
FIBA reserves the right to reverse its decision on an approval, or withdraw an accreditation at any time if it deems that the concerned party was in breach of accreditation rules and guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEDIA ACCREDITATION
1. Log-in to the FIBA Media Portal or, if you are a new user, create a new profile;
2. Select the Qualifying Tournament you wish to attend under the "My Events" section (to be found at the top of profile page);
3. Complete all registration fields as necessary;
4. IMPORTANT: you will be able to request a “remote coverage accreditation”. This accreditation type will allow you to follow the event remotely and have the opportunity to ask questions to players and coaches virtually during media availability (after the game and during post-game press conferences on Zoom). You will also receive additional content to support your coverage of the event from afar.
5. Make sure that all tabs are filled out correctly and the information is saved. Following registration, you should receive an accreditation submission confirmation email.
Creating a profile or logging in to a previous existing account is not an application in itself; you must make certain that after your create a profile (account) you also proceed to apply for the event (as per steps #1-5 above).
Your email address and password will allow you to access and modify your application form up until the application deadline. All applicants are responsible for their travel visa, should one be required.
FIBA solely will be responsible for the delivery of the accreditation decisions. The application information submitted is subject to a review process, the availability of space and a security check.
Find out more about the tournament by visiting the official website https://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2023/african-qualifiers
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
FIBA (fiba.basketball) - the world governing body for basketball - is an independent association formed by 213 National Basketball Federations throughout the world. It is recognized as the sole competent authority in basketball by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
For further information about FIBA, visit fiba.basketball or follow FIBA on facebook.com/fiba, twitter.com/fiba, instagram.com/fiba and youtube.com/fiba.