Follow FIBA on Facebook
FIBA Europe Board term of office 2014-19 concludes mandate
MUNICH (FIBA Europe) - The mandate of the FIBA Europe Board term of office 2014-19 formally concluded on Thursday, in Munich, Germany, where it convened for the last time.
The meeting was chaired by President Turgay Demirel and FIBA Executive Director Europe Kamil Novak while also in attendance were FIBA President Horacio Muratore and FIBA Secretary General Andreas Zagklis.
The last meeting was business as usual and the Board heard reports from the FIBA Europe Commissions.
During the meeting, the Board approved:
- The club calendar for the upcoming 2019-20 season;
- The FIBA Europe Regulations for the 2019-20 season;
- An option for early designation of the EuroLeague Women Final Four with all clubs being able to apply to host the event;
- An updated FIBA Europe Cup competition system, with no in-season link to Basketball Champions League (teams not qualifying for Basketball Champions League Play-Offs will not be able to move to FIBA Europe Cup);
- The hosting of the FIBA U20 European Championship 2020 event by Lithuania as part of the FIBA Europe early designation initiative.
During its term the Board awarded and supervised the EuroBasket events of 2015 and 2017, the Women's EuroBasket of 2017 and 2019, four European Championships for Small Countries and nearly 100 European Youth Championships.
FIBA Europe holds its annual General Assembly on Friday followed, Saturday, by the elections for a new President, Treasurer, and Board members for the term of office 2019-23.