EuroCup Women Round of 16 pairings confirmed
MUNICH (EuroCup Women) – The pairings for the EuroCup Women Round of 16 have been set, following the conclusion of Play-Off Round 1 on Thursday night.
The eight top-ranked teams from the Regular Season had earned direct qualification for the Round of 16, with the remaining eight teams decided in a home-and-away play-off series.
The Round of 16 will equally be played in a home-and-away format, with the higher-ranked team enjoying home-court advantage in the return leg.
The pairings are as follows:
(1) BLMA v (16) Reyer Venezia
(2) Cukurova Basketbol v (18) Besiktas JK
(3) Spar Citylift Girona v (19) MBA Moscow
(4) Tarbes GB v (20) MBK Ruzomberok
(5) InvestInTheWest ENEA Gorzow v (12) Lyon ASVEL Feminin
(6) KSC Szekszard v (11) Artego Bydgoszcz
(7) Wisla CANPACK Krakow v (23) Nantes Reze
(8) DVTK Miskolc v (9) Galatasaray
The first-leg games will be played on January 23 and 24, with the second-leg games taking place a week later.
The eight winners will advance to the Round of 8, with the two legs scheduled for February 14 and 21.
FIBA (fiba.basketball) - the world governing body for basketball - is an independent association formed by 213 National Basketball Federations throughout the world. It is recognized as the sole competent authority in basketball by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).